16 October 2015

Feature Friday: Effortless Elegance in Brisbane



Effortless elegance with a splash of colour.

It is hard to imagine that this cottage has stood in Brisbane since the the late 1890's. It has obviously been given a lovely new lease of life, with a massive rear renovation being added to open up the rear of the home to its north facing aspect. Oh and there may have been a lick of paint or so somewhere in there too!! ;P 
 The house was completely renovated in a six month period, with the owners baby due date marking the project's deadline.

But lets let the house do the talking, lets take a look inside shall we?

The incredible before photo. The house looks a little different.











Okay, breathe now. I know, its was almost too much beauty to take in!

It reminded me a little of the home of Katrina Chambers. Especially the last photo, the wallpaper, fun colourful prints and classic furniture. Do you see the resemblance?

I really fell in love with the dark timber floors and the timber work above the bedorom. Did you notice too that the front gate and fence and been restored? I loved that the owners were able to keep that heritage. I am not sure if I could have tackled this project though with an impending baby due date, that would have been one crazy reno. Have you ever renovated whilst pregnant or with a crazy deadline?

TELL ME, YOUR LOVES AND LUSTS WITH THIS HOUSE. 
Would this be the style of your dream home? What was your favourite part of the home? Are you a fan of the dark floors too? 

If you are a Brisbane local, have you ever seen this Camp Hill home? Done a little house stalking perhaps?

Wishing you fun filled Friday vibes and hope you have a fabulous weekend x

All photos and information sourced from Queensland Homes and Rylo Interiors

Linking up With Some Grace
Follow Glamour Coastal Living:
 INSTAGRAM // FACEBOOK // PINTEREST // SHOP

17 comments :

  1. WOWWW!! It's Stunning. What a wonderful job they did. It's all so fresh and just pops with little pieces of colour. This decor is right up my ally!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh so glad you like it Bec! I love it too - a mix of modern, Hamptons and classic! It would have taken some serious money, but worth it, it looks unreal. Have a great weekend! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm absolutely in love with what they've done to this house although it would have cost a fortune! My husband and I are slowly renovating our early 1900's cottage out in Ipswich and I know how much it was to put on a brand new deck, a new office, some new floors and a new kitchen. This is just amazing. Teh interior is similar, we have the same fretwork but this house looks so lovely, bright and fresh. I adore the wallpaper and the dark floors are really effective. I would love to know who their interior designer is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eva, I know it would be some serious dollars! I am so jealous you have the same style period home. Sounds lovely! Maybe you want to share some of your reno works here on Glamour Coastal Living? :) I like the idea of dark floors, but I am sure the dust and cottons etc would show well on them. The interiors and construction were both down by Rylo http://rylo.com.au/ Hope this helps. Thanks for stopping by! x

      Delete
  3. This is absolutely spectacular! What a beautiful home.....now. Beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Nicole, its the thing dreams are made of! I am sure you of all people can appreciate the works they have done :) I love how they were able to restore the front fence, its just gorgeous. I wouldn't mind calling it home. Have a great weekend xx

      Delete
  4. Ohhh so in love!! The colours, the fresh light spaces - simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura for stopping by, it is so dreamy and beautiful. Have a great week x

      Delete
  5. It really is a thing of beauty! I love my home and have no intentions of leaving it anytime soon, but I could see myself living really well in this beauty. It looks built for entertaining and classic style. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you are spot on - an entertainers delight and so stunning. Thanks for popping by x

      Delete
  6. Wow! What an amazing transition! I especially love that kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Does anyone know the exterior colour they have used? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am unsure, but would say it is similar to Windspray :) Hope that helps!

      Delete
  8. Hi, is there anyway to find out where they got their front door/window panels from? They are absolutely stunning and I would love to have the same ones in our new house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, I would go direct to Rylo Interiors - they would be able to tell you :)

      Delete
  9. Hi Ashlea, I just came across your blog. Thank you so much for featuring our old girl... She was such a beauty! We have since sold and are doing another home now in-between our clients Renovations. It was really lovely to read the comments on here too!
    Thanks again!
    Lauren xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lauren, So glad you stopped by! What a stunning home you created. How exciting you are doing other projects. I would love to feature the before and then finished result if you are interested? Feel free to get in touch if so!
      xx Ashlea

      Delete

It makes my day receiving your lovely comments - feel free to leave one below x Ash

 

CONTACT/WORK WITH ME

ASHLEA KERR

Blogger, Creative + Business Owner

Gold Coast, Australia

Interested in working with me? Sounds fantastic, I love working with brands and creating fabulous content for my readers.

glamourcoastalliving@gmail.com

On Glamour Coastal Living

Related Posts with Thumbnails