22 January 2016

Feature Friday: Beachy Vibe House


source
I love being a sticky beak and seeing inside peoples homes - seeing their style and personality infused throughout the home. If you pop in here weekly you may have seen a Feature Friday home tour post before? For this weeks home tour, we are stepping inside the home of Cathy of Beachy Vibe House. I met Cathy through Instagram and have been following her posts for some time - seeing snapshots of her home, cute puppy dog Molly and life.

In 2015, Cathy started a blog Beachy Vibe House where she shares some of her DIY projects on using timber beadsbedroom inspiration for your tots to teens and how she tackled a kitchen renovation for under $500!

2015 was an exciting year for Cathy, with the launch of her new blog, Cathy's home was also featured in top Australian magazines:
- A home tour was published in Homes+ Magazine
- Cathy's newly renovated master suite was awarded Top 15 in Australia's Home Beautiful Top 50 Most Beautiful Rooms for 2015.
What a exciting year!

Today I thought I would introduce you to Cathy and we would take a peek inside her home. I adore Cathy's home and relaxed beachy style. I would use the following words to describe Cathy's home - beachy, eclectic, tribal, tropical, Balinese, relaxed and welcoming.

Cathy's home is full of art, upcycled furniture, texture and so much love. You can see the hard work and love Cathy and her family have put into this home to make it into a relaxed oasis.

I can't wait for you to meet Cathy and see insider her home, lets take a look shall we?!


Cathy, it’s so lovely to have you here with us – tell us a bit about yourself, where you call home and your loves!
My name is Cathy I work from home as a hairdresser and have a passion for home interiors and DIY projects. I live in Sydney's West on acreage where we relocated a little 50+ year old fibro cottage over eighteen years ago.

Tell us about your home - which started off as a fibro cottage?
Two major renovations and 18 years later we have finally finished.
The first renovation was when we relocated the cottage, due to rain when the house was relocated alot of the inside and beautiful features were ruined. Then ten years later, we added a master suite, study and an extra living room.
Unfortunately now in a few years time, developers will be buying all the land in our area and my little beachyvibehouse will probably be flattened - I hate to even think of it.
You can see the enormity of the renovation over the two stages - the fibro cottage as it originally stood, the cottage after being relocated, the first renovation and the final recent renovation.

I have been following your Instagram account for some time and love seeing your home and gorgeous style. What do you love most about your home?
I love most about my home the relaxed, holiday feel it has about it, it's definitely a summer house, with the swimming pool, tropical garden and coastal decor. I adore that look, it reminds me of my trips to Hawaii and Bali, that's where I found my inspiration for my home. 

What does the word home mean to you?
Home means to me - Family, a place where you feel safe and loved, I love to know that when my family are out at school and work all day, that when they walk through the door they feel a big warm hug, I know I do.

Describe your style?
My style has always had a tropical feel to it, each room is different but still tropical. My bedroom has a holiday resort feel, the lounge room has a Hamptons feel and my rumpus is more of a tribal tropical theme and outside is all Balinese.  I don't why but some how it all ties in together! That's the first thing my friends and family say when they come to my home, 'how do you manage to make everything work', and then the next thing is, 'when are you coming to do my house', I get that a lot. 

Favourite Room?
My favourite room is my bedroom, I love how the sliding doors open up onto my beautiful garden where I can hear my water features and wind chimes, and watch the palm trees sway, it's so beautiful.

Your inspiration for your home?
I love to upcycle and reinvent my furniture pieces. Nearly everything in my home has been given a new lease of life, my dining table and chairs, my bed, ect. One of my biggest indulgences is my Balinese cabinet in my dining room (I can't tell you how much in case my husband reads this!). 

Favourite places to shop for home decor and furniture?
My favourite places to shop are Freedom, Ikea and I love scouring second hand shops and markets. Online shopping is fun too Temple and Webster and Zohi Interiors are two of my favourites.




source

These photos are a collection of family favourites that sit on these recessed timber shelves.


source
source
source
The Master Suite - 
Cathy's favourite room of the house and a Finalist in the Top 50 Most Beautiful Rooms 2015.

Cathy's DIY talents even extend to the bed which she upcycled from timber and iron to this beautiful fabric bedhead. It's a dreamy collection of bamboo, dark timbers, rattan and tropical shades. Divine isn't it?!

source




Cathy's biggest indulgence - "This cabinet is my splurge it's a Balinese computer station, but I use it in my dining room for all my kitchen and dining linen, now that I have a study"

wow...what did you think?

DO YOU HAVE A FAVOURITE ROOM OR PIECE OF FURNITURE?

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE PLACE CATHY CALLS HOME?

I am truly blown away at the initial fibro cottage and the enormity of the build and renovation Cathy and her family completed. Pretty impressive isn't it!

I love it all - There is such a relaxed resort like feel isn't there? I love the master suite and the sound of sliding doors opening up onto a tropical garden. Wow!

It is such an inspiring place and I am chuffed to be able to share it with you all today.

connect with cathy
Be sure to say hi to Cathy and connect with her via her Instagram and Blog

Have a wonderful weekend. Hope you have some fun things planned. We are heading off on a camping trip for a few nights, it will be so nice to get away and sleep out under the stars. My Coopar will be coming too of course, he never misses a holiday away x

All photos are Cathy's own, used with her permission or sourced from Homes+ Magazine.
Follow Glamour Coastal Living:
 INSTAGRAM // FACEBOOK // PINTEREST // SHOP

6 comments :

  1. Thankyou Ashlea it looks fabulous you have done a great job so privileged to be on your blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a beautiful home and I just love the styling. Well done Cathy on such a beautifully presented home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a gorgeous home you have Cathy! Absolutely stunning! (#HIT)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much Charlene xx

      Delete
  4. A lovely home Cathy, I love the beach house feel, so tropical and fresh. Thank you for sharing Ashlea, I love your introductions! I don't think anyone does it better. xxx

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day receiving your lovely comments - feel free to leave one below x Ash

 

CONTACT/WORK WITH ME

ASHLEA KERR

Blogger, Creative + Business Owner

Gold Coast, Australia

Interested in working with me? Sounds fantastic, I love working with brands and creating fabulous content for my readers.

glamourcoastalliving@gmail.com

On Glamour Coastal Living

Related Posts with Thumbnails