9 October 2015

Feature Friday: Light Filled Bondi Terrace



This once dark terrace has been transformed to bask in Sydney's natural light, while also claiming space and privacy for its owner.

I came across this home on Houzz last week and was captivated by one key element - the house block the home sits on is only 6 meters wide! I was baffled and also captivated that such a beautiful home could be created on such limited and constricted space. Lets take a look inside for this weeks Feature Friday home tour.


The terrace was renovated in 2012, however was originally built in 1890. The owner was looking to increase privacy and natural light in his Victorian Terrace home. Being a 6 meter wide block, privacy and light were great challenges in this renovation, but I think they have nailed it. Don't you? The high walls, tall greenery and amazing light voids in the home work perfectly to create an inner city haven. 

Internally, multiple skylights have brought natural light into the living space and a large ceiling void was built for the dining/kitchen area. The void is roughly the size of a queen bed and the house is designed around this to make use of the natural light and warmth it brings to the home.

 “The palette in the end was limited and simple and comprised mainly of clear sealed hardwood doors, windows, flooring and joinery – almost all Tasmanian oak with some blackbutt. Polished concrete floors connect all the spaces..." source












If you want to see more home tours, I know you will love this Gold Coast beach house I shared with you last week. 
If you would like to share your home, renovation or even a room that has had a makeover please get in touch with me I would love to hear from you! 

TELL ME, WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THIS HOME?
 Do you love the idea of a void for natural light? 
I know I do. I would love that in my dream home.

Have a great weekend x

Linking up this week to With Some Grace
Follow Glamour Coastal Living:

3 comments :

  1. I love the void idea, we were going to add this to our new home, but the cost factor stopped us.
    I'm sure we will wish we did.
    I adore that garden clever design can do anything even in a small space.
    Thanks for sharing. And happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah - a void would be incredible. Velux skylights are always good too if budget allows, the window opening on them is seriously cool I think! I saw your snaps of the pool going in. How dreamy, what a fabulous Summer you will have! x

      Delete

It makes my day receiving your lovely comments - feel free to leave one below x Ash

 

CONTACT/WORK WITH ME

ASHLEA KERR

Blogger, Creative + Business Owner

Gold Coast, Australia

Interested in working with me? Sounds fantastic, I love working with brands and creating fabulous content for my readers.

glamourcoastalliving@gmail.com

On Glamour Coastal Living

Related Posts with Thumbnails