13 December 2016

We have concrete & frames! A house update...

So much has been happening with our new house build, I thought I would do an update as a bit of a wrap up for the end of the year.

Here is a little recap:
++ The house purchase settled in early July and we spent about 8 weeks drawing up and finalising the house plans. See the before photos here.
++ Plans were then submitted to the Engineers and Certifiers to make any needed adjustments
++ Plans were submitted to council and we were sent the big approval tick about two weeks ago
++ The house demolition was approved and the house has now been demolished, ready for the new build.

But whilst all this paperwork and planning was happening, we have been busy working on the landscaping, studio building and demolition of the existing home.

So the house started off like this...
- a tiny two bedroom brick home
- an existing concrete slab that had approval for us to build on


before


 Nathan has been solidly working over at the house for the last four months now and has completed:
- a boundary fence
- front retaining walls
- a liveable garden studio
- tree removal
- demolition of the house

Here is some of what that looks like!


House before demolition


Roof was removed - then the excavator took over! It was demolished within an hour!


Pool is in - notice the boundary fence too?


Acreage style fencing so we can still see the bushlands and views from the rear of the home


The finished garden studio



The retaining wall progress and before the front fence was built (above) and after (below)


Foundation blocks being laid, ready for the concrete slab pour


Levelling the ground ready for the concrete slab pour




Saturday's concrete slab pour - where the house used to sit!



For anyone who has built before - you too know the most exciting part is the pouring of the concrete. Finally you can see an outline of where the house sits on the block, get an idea of room layouts and the overall vision. On Saturday afternoon we went and stood and took it all in - it was so exciting!

Yesterday the framing for the walls, ceiling and roof trusses were delivered to site. Today I couldn't help myself, I had to do a drive by and some walls are up - yipee! By the end of the week we should have some serious progress. Hopefully by Christmas all walls will be up and when the New Year comes, we will be ready to start roofing.


Piles of framing and we have progress with some walls


Coopar the site 'foredog'. Can you spot him in this picture? He thinks his job is to sit in the shade and guard the new delivery.

So that's a wrap from me and likely my last blog post for 2016. With our babies due any day now, I am madly ticking things off the to do list and throwing last minute items into my hospital bag. I am so worried about over packing now, I have so much jammed in! You can never know though what you might need. Literally everything is jammed into my bag, but the kitchen sink :P

So thank you, each and every one of you for following along and another year of Glamour Coastal Living blogging and adventures. I truly appreciate each and every one of you who pops in for a read, leaves comments and says hi via my social media. It truly is the best!

I wish you and your family a wonderful festive season and hope 2017 is your best year yet - I know I cannot wait! Merry Christmas and see you all in 2017! xx


Follow Glamour Coastal Living:


6 comments :

  1. Best of luck with the house and babies!! Bring on 2017 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vanessa! Very exciting, 2017 is going to be busy :P x

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to hear the news of your babies, Ashlea. Merry Christmas and enjoy this magical time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope all goes well with the birth of your babies. So envious of your building endeavours. We are looking to build next year but after growing up with a spec builder for a father, I fear I may be allergic to the whole process.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much excitement for you! Have a wonderful Christmas! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it when a plan comes together! It's such exciting times for you both in so many ways. Wishing you both a magical Christmas - you're certainly getting the best present ever this year... times two!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day receiving your lovely comments - feel free to leave one below x Ash

 

CONTACT/WORK WITH ME

ASHLEA KERR

Blogger, Creative + Business Owner

Gold Coast, Australia

Interested in working with me? Sounds fantastic, I love working with brands and creating fabulous content for my readers.

glamourcoastalliving@gmail.com

On Glamour Coastal Living

Related Posts with Thumbnails