20 February 2014

New Zealand: The style of home s + architecture


A few weeks ago I wrote about a holiday to New Zealand's south island I went on late last year where I spent 10 days roaming the countryside in a motor home enjoying the sights. I knew that the landscape and nature would be beautiful, but what I didn't expect would be the amazing architecture and beautiful homes we discovered. Driving into Wanaka in the Central Otago Lakes district I was pleased to be sitting in the passenger seat navigating our way, as I took us down many detours and residential streets to admire the beautiful homes. The homes were overlooking Wanaka lake with snowcapped mountains surrounding them, the homes built around the natural landscape and incorporating this into their design.



The raw building materials, colours and landscaping were something that I had never seen before, being used to the East Coast of Australia and the tropical climate we live in. The homes exterior featured stone, raw steel, timber, colorbond and lots of glass windows to let the light and warmth into the homes. Naturally, with my background in the roofing & construction industry I was drawn to the roofs on these homes, the materials used, the amazing angles and extreme pitch for the snowy climate. I was just fascinated and taken by their beauty and contrast to the homes that I see on the coast. Here are some of the beauties I discovered and admired....


{source}

{source}

{source}

{source}
{source}
{source}
{source}


{source}
What do you think? 
Are you too in love with the amazing architecture and contrast?

Follow Glamour Coastal Living:
 INSTAGRAM // FACEBOOK // PINTEREST // SHOP

1 comment :

  1. You have some lovely examples of NZ design there. NZ is right up there on my list of countries with particularly beautiful homes. I also love a lot of home design from South Africa. I think these countries have taste that we can relate to in Australia.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day receiving your lovely comments - feel free to leave one below x Ash

 

CONTACT/WORK WITH ME

ASHLEA KERR

Blogger, Creative + Business Owner

Gold Coast, Australia

Interested in working with me? Sounds fantastic, I love working with brands and creating fabulous content for my readers.

glamourcoastalliving@gmail.com

On Glamour Coastal Living

Related Posts with Thumbnails