22 March 2014

Giving chairs a new lease of life

I picked up these cute retro chairs at a garage sale months ago. 


I was all inspired to upcycle them and give them a lick of white paint and a new lease of life. I took my can of paint, paint brush and masked up all of the cushion area so I wouldn't get paint on it. It was so difficult to get in all of the little crevices and paint close to the cushions without getting paint everywhere. I accomplished two coats of paint on one chair and felt like a genius. Very chuffed with myself I put that chair back in the garage and then dreaded the task of painting another three! I just couldn't bring myself to do it. 

One day we took to cleaning out the garage, rearranging and trying to gain extra space in there. Hubby asked me about my remaining three chairs and when I was going to finish the project. He picked one up, flipped it over and started popping out these tiny little nails that held the cushions in, that I had looked so hard for, but not seen. Hmmm, it appeared that the chairs did come apart and now there was no excuse but to finish painting them. I was excited, even more excited because as a Christmas git I had received an airless spray gun and this job was now going to get a whole lot easier!!



Months later they are finished, painted, ready for a new lease of life. Voila! 
So glad to be crossing another unfinished project off my list (and now making more room in the garage for more!).

DO YOU HAVE ANY UNFINISHED PROJECTS YOU WANT TO 
CROSS OFF YOUR LIST?

Follow Glamour Coastal Living:
 INSTAGRAM // FACEBOOK // PINTEREST // SHOP

2 comments :

  1. Ohhh my goodness, I am LOOOOVE with those chairs! Like, way, WAY in love! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! I love them too! Who doesn't love a bright splash of colour?!

      Delete

It makes my day receiving your lovely comments - feel free to leave one below x Ash

 

CONTACT/WORK WITH ME

ASHLEA KERR

Blogger, Creative + Business Owner

Gold Coast, Australia

Interested in working with me? Sounds fantastic, I love working with brands and creating fabulous content for my readers.

glamourcoastalliving@gmail.com

On Glamour Coastal Living

Related Posts with Thumbnails