24 June 2014

Home Made Peanut Butter

I am converted. Never again will I buy store bought peanut butter - Why? 
Because making it yourself is super easy and tastes like the real thing with no added nasties!!


My best friend whipped up a batch of homemade peanut butter and it looked so good, I thought I just had to try it. Thinking it would be super difficult I asked for the recipe, her reply was 'Peanuts'. Yes, that's right its a one ingredient kinda recipe!! How could you go wrong?

You can get as fancy or as adventurous as you like with the mixture - you can add some cashews, a little honey to sweeten it or a touch of sea salt. I kept mine as plain roasted peanuts, I may just get a little more adventurous next time though!


I put about a cup of roasted peanuts into the food processor and started whizzing. The peanuts will crumble and you then need to keep whizzing until then form a dough ball. This may take about 10 minutes. Once the dough ball is formed keep whizzing until the mixture starts to get creamier and resemble a smooth peanut butter consistency - voila there is your 'smooth' peanut butter. If you want to make crunchy peanut butter, I recommend to remove some of the crushed peanuts after about 30 seconds of whizzing them right at the beginning of the process. Keep them aside and then add them right at the end. This will give you the 'crunchy' peanut butter taste. 


Once done, pop the mixture into a sealed jar and there you have yourself a jar of peanut goodness. Be prepared, it does disappear quickly!! Especially when you are making healthy, yet indulgent recipes like this Peanut Butter Mousse recipe!





I am going to be busy in the kitchen today, I am whipping up a batch of hazelnut truffles today which are refined sugar free and some chocolate muffins that are refinded sugar free, gluten free and dairy free (and they still taste so damn good!). I shall be sharing them with you soon!

Hope you are having a wonderful day!



Follow Glamour Coastal Living:
 INSTAGRAM // FACEBOOK // PINTEREST // SHOP

No comments :

Post a Comment

It makes my day receiving your lovely comments - feel free to leave one below x Ash

 

CONTACT/WORK WITH ME

ASHLEA KERR

Blogger, Creative + Business Owner

Gold Coast, Australia

Interested in working with me? Sounds fantastic, I love working with brands and creating fabulous content for my readers.

glamourcoastalliving@gmail.com

On Glamour Coastal Living

Related Posts with Thumbnails