18 December 2014

This Week In Stills


It has been crazy busy here in my household as of late. Is your household the same? It feels like there is not enough hours in the day, that my head hits the pillow each night and I fall asleep within seconds. My alarm goes off the next day and I am still tired!! I am going to be catching up on lots of sleep and rest these Christmas holidays that's for sure.

I thought I would show you my week in stills so you can see what has been keeping me busy...

If you were wanting a bathroom update, the shower screen was fitted last Thursday, so now we are just waiting on the mirror to be installed. Hubby and I have been working crazy hours for work lately, so we have been unable to get the glass installers here to measure up. Frustrating, as I would love the bathroom to be finished but its looking like the new year now. At least I can use the shower and bath though. I can't wait to share with you all the final reveal. It is jaw dropping, trust me! It does not look like the same bathroom.




I have been dreaming of Summer holidays this week. We officially close our family run business on Friday 19th and don't repoen until January 5th. So it will be nice to have two weeks off to relax, enjoy the ocean and be beach bums!! I am not sure if my hair is going to appreciate all the salt water though! How do you keep your hair healthy in summer? I tend to use alot of coconut oil on the ends to keep them moisturised. It seems to work! It has been a busy week over on my Etsy Store, with lots of dreamcatchers making their way to new homes for Christmas. I especially loved making this custom creation for two little boys (aged 4 & 6) who requested a dreamcatcher for Christmas. I hope they love them! I am also offering free postage from now until Christmas, just enter the coupon FREESHIPPING at the checkout! Yay!



To kick off the holidays, we are heading off for a few days over the weekend for a fishing trip up to Bribie Island. The weather is expected to be 31 degrees and not a breath of wind, so perfect boating conditions. We might even be able to daytrip over to Tangalooma on Moreton Island. Depends if the fish are biting, as we have been told the tuna and mackerel are biting, so we are on the hunt for a big catch. Hubby is fishing obsessed at the moment, he even went to a fishing seminar the other night with over 100 blokes to talk about fishing hehe! We are hoping to catch some mud crabs too so we will be able to have fresh seafood for Christmas day. We are keeping it simple this year, just a relaxed lunch on the deck and swimming in the pool. It really is too hot to be fussing about making a hot lunch for Christmas day!! 

Talking about Christmas, I was busy this week styling my Christmas table to match in with my Christmas tree. I added my coastal touch to the table, ready for Christmas day and was thrilled with how it turned out, just click here to see for yourself.  You have seen on Instagram, that I didn't feel like getting the tinsel and baubles out and having a traditional Christmas tree. So I made one instead! Living by the coast, I let nature inspire Christmas this year and created a driftwood Christmas tree. Using driftwood collected from my local beach and then adding my DIY clay tag ornaments and seashells something special was created. If you feel like creating some Christmas DIY, then this tutorial for a gorgeous snowflake ornament is perfect. Hang it on the tree or give it as a gift!



You know how much I love coastal living, so this weeks blog post was all about creating a coastal home. I share some tips and home snaps to show you how to create the look!





It was Hubby's birthday on the weekend and I bought him a new fishing shirt and gear so he is a little excited to try it out. I surprised him for his birthday and we had two nights away at Kingscliff at a gorgeous Balinese styled retreat. Isn't it gorgeous?! It was nice to only have to go 20 minutes down the road, it made a quick weekend getaway so much easier. I love making a fuss and a surprise, so it was tough keeping it a secret all week but it was so worth it when I saw his face when I told him the plans :)



I am going to be bringing you my last Feature Friday post for the year tomorrow. I am so exited, its a real beauty. I love showing you inside beautiful homes and I know you love it too. Its not everyday you get to peek inside someones home and swoon over lounges, views or paint colours! Did you see last weeks post here? We stepped inside these gorgeous Byron Bay holiday cottages. 




So there we have it, a very busy week all in pictures. That's it from me. Hope your pre-Christmas week isn't too hectic (only 7 more sleeps to go!) and that you are able to kick into holiday mode soon too! Thanks for stopping by! 

Follow Glamour Coastal Living:
 INSTAGRAM // FACEBOOK // PINTEREST // SHOP

1 comment :

  1. Aww I love your surprise-hubby idea. And so nice that it's close to home too :) Looks like you have been run off your feet lately, hope you get some time to relax and enjoy that sexy new bathtub over Christmas/New Year's break! I also feel like Christmas came up so quickly this year - isn't it funny how when you were a kid it seemed to take forever to come?! (P.S love the bauble DIY).

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day receiving your lovely comments - feel free to leave one below x Ash

 

CONTACT/WORK WITH ME

ASHLEA KERR

Blogger, Creative + Business Owner

Gold Coast, Australia

Interested in working with me? Sounds fantastic, I love working with brands and creating fabulous content for my readers.

glamourcoastalliving@gmail.com

On Glamour Coastal Living

Related Posts with Thumbnails