20 February 2015

Feature Friday: The Glass Pole House on The Great Ocean Road

Have you ever been lucky enough to drive The Great Ocean road along Victoria's beautiful coastline? I have and one thing that sticks out in my mind is this unusal home, perched 40 meters above Fairhaven Beach. I remember yelling out from the passenger seat 'Did you see that?! What was that!'It is a truly spectacular sight! It was built by an architect in the 1970's and has recently been renovated to a modern masterpeice. 

I love showing you inside amazing homes as part of the Feature Friday home tour. So come and step inside this one bedroom, one bathroom luxury beach house that boasts views from Airey's Inlet to Lorne.



Picture yourself waking to the sound of crashing waves, opening your eyes to find yourself suspended above the most spectacular coastline in the country. 



As part of the recent renovation, here are some of the latest additions to this luxury holiday home:
+ The water running out of the taps lights up blue when the water is cold, purple when its heating up and red when it is hot.
+ All lounges recline at a button press
+ The floor to ceiling glass has blinds that can be opened at the touch of a button. Voila! 
+ Wave your hand near a set of light switches and the switches will glow to tell you what lights and accessories are on and not.
+ A self suspended chimney hangs unspported right in front of the floor to ceiling windows. Imagine a night curled up the fire looking out over the moonlit ocean...Oh my!






However with all of the amazing modern features of the home, it's defining and beguiling feature is that the sea and sky are in the room. The rumbling surf and two hundred degrees of ocean with a vast superstructure of cloud overhead. Nature is wrapped inside this amazing glass structure and leaves you I imagine, feeling like you are in the clouds on top of the world!


What do you think? How would you feel being 40m up suspended over the rolling hills and ocean? It would be a dream waking up to this view wouldn't it?!


Do you have a beautiful home, or know of a home that could be a part of Feature Friday? Or have you completed some renovations at home and want to share? Let me know, I would love to hear from you! I am always on the lookout for homes to feature, just send me an email glamourcoastalliving@gmail.com

Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful weekend lovelies.

All images and some text sourced from here.
Follow Glamour Coastal Living:
 INSTAGRAM // FACEBOOK // PINTEREST // SHOP

13 comments :

  1. That home truly is a masterpiece. I wouldn't be comfortable staying there though suspended so high above the water. I'm not sure the amazing view would be enough to calm my nerves x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe I know what you mean! You would also have to remember to close the blinds, otherwise you are literally in a glass house and on show!

      Delete
  2. What a stunning place! I would love to spend some time looking at that view. I imagine the wind would be incredible up there! Thanks for linking up to The Ultimate Rabbit Hole Ashlea. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what an incredible home! I am the biggest fan of heights but I think I could brave my fears to wake up to such an amazing view.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - those views are to die for! You would have to conquer them if given the opportunity to stay there, given the $1000+ a night pricetag :)

      Delete
  4. It is stunning. I don't think I would like to sleep there though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would certainly have to remember to close the blinds that for sure! Thanks for stopping by Trish :)

      Delete
  5. Wow. I totally want to spend a week of my life here Ashlea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember seeing this featured on a TV show a few years ago and it looked pretty tired. It looks amazing now- I would definitely stay there (if someone else was paying!) ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, what a glorious view! At first glance it reminds me of the secluded home from 'Sleeping with the Enemy', an old Julia Roberts movie. I love it - waking up to the sunshine and sounds of the water would be bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know this house and it is very spectacular for location alone. Love your Feature Friday posts. Thanks for joining in The Ultimate Rabbit Hole.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karin! :) Thanks for having me! Congrats too lovely lady on your new addition x A

      Delete

It makes my day receiving your lovely comments - feel free to leave one below x Ash

 

CONTACT/WORK WITH ME

ASHLEA KERR

Blogger, Creative + Business Owner

Gold Coast, Australia

Interested in working with me? Sounds fantastic, I love working with brands and creating fabulous content for my readers.

glamourcoastalliving@gmail.com

On Glamour Coastal Living

Related Posts with Thumbnails