20 May 2015

TV's - on show or conceal?


Haven't TVs come a long way? 

We were looking back through old family videos over the weekend and were chuckling at the 1970's TV on wheels with the rabbit ear aerial and how far they have come since then. The 1990's was all about having the biggest screen you could get and ensuring it still fitted into your TV cabinet with the swinging doors so you could tuck it away out of sight. Remember how big and heavy they were?! 

Then came the flat screen TVs and the rest is history! One thing hasn't changed though and that is the big debate on whether the TV is a focal piece of a living space or if it is more of an addition - one that can be removed easily.

I follow Josh & Jen of Bicker Deisgn on social media and came across this fabulous living space they recently completed on Reno Rumble. I thought it was a brilliant idea, having a sliding door to conceal the TV. 

Now you see the TV...

...Now you don't! 

Smart isn't it? 
In my dream home, this would be on my wishlist for sure. It's lovely to be able to enjoy a living space without having the TV as the focal point.

I love Josh & Jen's style and the soft finishes in this living space that give it such an elegant and contemporary feel. They have such an eye for detail and I feel are always one step ahead of the trends. They have a gig future ahead of them I feel!

Here is the rest of the living space they created on Reno Rumble
So dreamy and relaxed looking - I would be happy to call this home!






Is your TV the focal point of your living space? Would you opt for this look to conceal it if you could? Do you have a favourite part of this living space?

All images are via the Bicker Design facebook page
Follow Glamour Coastal Living:
 INSTAGRAM // FACEBOOK // PINTEREST // SHOP

8 comments :

  1. I would love to hide our tele. I hate the fact that it is the focal point in our family room xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I would love just a informal sitting room where there is no TV. Then another lounge dedicated to TV time. Just need to win lotto and get a bigger house first!!

      Delete
  2. Thats really cool what they've done in those pictures. Our TV gets a lot of use with movies and gaming, so it's not really a big deal that it stands out in our house. It's a nice new tv too, so not unattractive anyway.
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination

    ReplyDelete
  3. Initially we hid the TV in our lounge room, however the hinges we were sold, were not the right size and late one night the huge mirror that covered our TV, broke free of their hinges. Now we are going to frame the TV, like a picture. I'll share some photos once it's done xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow - sounds interesting Nicole! I too had a mirror that ell off the wall in the middle of the night (why is the timing always late?!) and then as the frame was the only smashed bit, covered it in driftwood I collected at my beach and it now proudly hangs (with a MUCH stronger hook) in the living area! I love that it has a story to tell x

      Delete
  4. That's a brilliant idea! I would love to be able to hide our TV out of sight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't remember the last time I used my television. I think if i hid it I would forget it totally. I love the fresh look of the room without the TV

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's fabulous that TV is not the focal point of your living space - would give you so much more time to be doing better things!! Thanks for stopping by Aimee xx

      Delete

It makes my day receiving your lovely comments - feel free to leave one below x Ash

 

CONTACT/WORK WITH ME

ASHLEA KERR

Blogger, Creative + Business Owner

Gold Coast, Australia

Interested in working with me? Sounds fantastic, I love working with brands and creating fabulous content for my readers.

glamourcoastalliving@gmail.com

On Glamour Coastal Living

Related Posts with Thumbnails