22 May 2015

Feature Friday: Bohemian Luxury in Mykonos

Enjoy the Bohemian luxury on Mykonos. 
Mykonos is considered one of the top tourist destinations in Greece, renowned for its cosmopolitan character, outstanding beaches and its intense nightlife.



You guessed it, today is Feature Friday and once more we are off to Mykonos! This time, we are stepping inside a luxury bohemian hotel, nestled into the beachfront of scenic Mykonos - San Giorgio Hotel.


The exterior is white, with rustic stone wall surrounds and palm tree surrounds.

With uninterrupted views of the surrounding headlands, deep blue ocean and white sand.






The interior is simple, organic and bohemian chic with little touches of colour but mostly with neutral tones, giving a laidback atmosphere. 

It embraces less is more and oozes carefree living.

Throughout the hotel there is a signature style: a combination of old and new design pieces, worldly treasures, and objects with a heritage and a story. The communal tables are lived in with blemishes, the rug is real artisan work, and the wooden stools are mismatched in size.






You can imagine yourself barefoot, wearing a kaftan and relaxing in the heavenly hammocks.

It has all the elements of a relaxing luxury holiday, especially knowing there is a private beach! 



It's almost taunting isn't it, knowing we are heading for an Aussie winter and wont be seeing the warmth and sunshine like this for a little while!

WHAT DID YOU THINK? 
COULD YOU SEE YOURSELF SUNNING BY THE POOL OR ENJOYING THE HOTEL AND SURROUNDS? 
SIPPING COCKTAILS BY THE POOL ON SUNSET?

Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by!

Lover of summer, warm temperatures and this bohemian luxury hotel,

Follow Glamour Coastal Living:
 INSTAGRAM // FACEBOOK // PINTEREST // SHOP

All images are from the San Giorgio website and 30s Magazine.


11 comments :

  1. Oh I could definitely see myself relaxing here! I have one of the white Mexican chair hammocks so I'm taking note of the cushions used here, hehee. I'm in love with this colour combo :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you have a chair hammock, how amazing. I want one, but can't seem a spot to safely hang it that will hold the weight. They look fabulous though! Maybe you will have to visit Mykonos so you can get some more cushion inspiration :P x

      Delete
  2. Where's my suitcase! I want to be there now eating souvlaki, swimming and not much else!
    My parents actually met in Mykonos... Beautiful part of the world! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, you need to visit then - how special is that?! Souvlaki, cocktails and hanging in that hammock watching the sun go down sounds pretty nice right about now! It's on my bucket list!! x

      Delete
  3. Wow! This just looks glorious! It looks like something out of Mama Mia. I've been to a Greek Island or two but never been to Mykonos. I think this is another one I'm going to have to add to the bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Mama Mia comes to mind for me too - its definitely on my ''to visit'' list. The sunsets and cocktails are calling me ....x A

      Delete
  4. Wow. I went to Mykonos many years ago when I was backpacking through the Greek Islands and I can tell your our accommodation looked very little like this, apart from the white walls. We still thought it was pretty amazing though, and ate and drank like kings on our beer budget. And the beaches and sunsets were amazing. One day I'd like to return and do it all in style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh sounds fabulous Bronnie, thanks for the laugh about your accommodation! Nothing like a beer budget, at l east the money goes further and you can spend longer travelling! Yes, put it on your wishlist, the sunsets are calling you :P x

      Delete
  5. Ah yep. I think I would be fine here. I have never been to Mykonos but this may be a fabulous first port of call.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, just stunning isn't it! It's on my wishlist too! xx

      Delete
  6. Oh my lord I could totally see myself sipping cocktails by that pool. I have always wanted to go to the Greek Isles and I have yet to make it. You are just feeding that desire with that gorgeous place hun xx

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day receiving your lovely comments - feel free to leave one below x Ash

 

CONTACT/WORK WITH ME

ASHLEA KERR

Blogger, Creative + Business Owner

Gold Coast, Australia

Interested in working with me? Sounds fantastic, I love working with brands and creating fabulous content for my readers.

glamourcoastalliving@gmail.com

On Glamour Coastal Living

Related Posts with Thumbnails