13 July 2015

Weekend Adventures: A Charity Ball + Sunday Drive




 I love weekend adventures.

Monday to Friday for me is spent running our family owned Construction Business with Hubby. Being your own boss is great, but it also means alot of responsibility and long days in the office. For me, weekends are about shutting the office door and switching off from the week I have had and certainly no work talk over dinner! I therefore love to take a Sunday drive or the opportunity to adventure - a change of scenery is always so refreshing and rejuvenating!

We were lucky enough through one of our work suppliers to be invited to be charity ball over the weekend, for the Our Kids foundation, to improve the health services for children in the Northern Rivers area. We couldn't turn down an opportunity to frock and suit up at a ball with a three course meal and bar tab, could we? It's always fun to be able to dress up and I especially love seeing Hubby suited up as he spends Monday to Friday in construction clothes, so it is extra special!

There was a photobooth there which was alot of fun too! Have you been to an event with a photo booth before? They certainly are a laugh!



The charity ball was held in Lismore, so we stayed there for the night, retuning home on Sunday to the Gold Coast. We took the long way home though, winding through the rollings hills of The Channon, Nimbin, Uki and Murwillumbah before looping over Currumbin Valley to home. It was the perfect day for it, with the cold snap that had hit Sunday morning it was so toasty warm in the morning sun driving in the car.


 We stopped first at The Channon markets and had our ritual 'market pizza'. If you have ever been to the markets in the Northern Rives and seen the pizza van you will know what I am referring to. Its a simple base, fresh tomato sauce and a pesto vegetable like topping with plenty of cheese. It truly is so simple, but flavoursome and delicious. I cannot go to a market and leave without having a slice of pizza. I am obsessed! Growing up in the Northern Rivers, often we would visit the markets just for the market pizza!

I stocked up on some fresh veges and honey too. Nothing beats organic honey fresh from the hive. 

I was so glad I had a woollen hat and coat, it certainly was freezing with reports of snow on the ranges west of here - there certainly was some chill in the air!




I love stopping at roadside fruit and vege stalls, farm fresh is always such a treat. Just as we came around a corner, on a single lane narrow stretch on our way to Nimbin I saw this box of fresh mandarins next to a letterbox. I had to stop, selecting the two mandarins you can see here with the leaves still on them. They made for perfect afternoon tea and were unbelievably fresh. 

Perfect way to finish a Sunday drive! 


Nothing beats a Sunday drive!
Did you get up to any adventures over the weekend? Do you have any upcoming adventures planned?

You can see some recent posts of my adventures and road trips here to:

 For those needing some back to school lunchbox inspiration, I posted an easy Orange and Poppyseed no bake cake yesterday, did you see it? 
Have a great week x

Follow Glamour Coastal Living:
 INSTAGRAM // FACEBOOK // PINTEREST // SHOP

1 comment :

  1. Wow you two frock up nicely! looks like such a fun night. I've never done the whole Photo Booth thing but would love to. Sunday drives are the best!! how awesome for the little freebie fruit :) xx

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day receiving your lovely comments - feel free to leave one below x Ash

 

CONTACT/WORK WITH ME

ASHLEA KERR

Blogger, Creative + Business Owner

Gold Coast, Australia

Interested in working with me? Sounds fantastic, I love working with brands and creating fabulous content for my readers.

glamourcoastalliving@gmail.com

On Glamour Coastal Living

Related Posts with Thumbnails