21 April 2016

Double Choc Muffins


 There was 10 muffins, now there are only 4.

Lucky I got in quick to snap these photos to show you these delicious muffins. They are obviously not lasting long in my kitchen, which is a good sign.

 I was always told when photographing the same item, make sure that it is an odd number. Eg: muffins, balloons, tennis balls, whatever it is that you are taking a photo of. An odd number always looks better. So I tried only three muffins and it just didn't look right. The fourth felt left out, I was tempted to eat it, but then added it to the group of three. I will break the rule and photograph four. What do you think, have you heard of this rule?

I prefer to use almond or coconut flour, so was happy to come across this recipe that had coconut flour. I always think they seem lighter and fluffier, not so dense and flour based. What do you think, have you tried using a substitute to plain flour? The only thing you have to remember is to add baking powder, as they will not rise.

double choc muffins

Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup nut butter of your choice (almond butter, peanut butter, etc)
  • 2 tbsp. coconut oil, melted and cooled
  • 1/2 cup raw or coconut sugar (you can also substitute maple syrup-but add 1-2 extra tbsp. coconut flour if you do)
  • 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
  • 2 eggs, room temperature
  • 1 cup almond milk (or preferred variety of milk), preferably at room temperature
  • 1/2 cup coconut flour 
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder or raw cacaro powder
  • 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips or raw cacao nibs like I used
Method:
  • Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Prepare a 12 cup muffin tin with cupcake liners.
  • Using an electric mixer, beat together the nut butter, coconut oil, sugar, and vanilla. 
  • Beat in the eggs, one at a time and then continue mixing for another minute until smooth.
  • Mix in milk on low speed until combined.
  • In a small bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, baking powder, and cocoa powder. Slowly add to the wet ingredients and mix on low until smooth.
  • Fold in the chocolate chips.
  • Evenly distribute the batter between the prepared muffin cups.
  • Bake 18-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the centre of a muffin comes out clean (crumbs are fine, just not gooey).
  • Let cool for 5 minutes and then transfer the muffins to a wire rack to continue cooling. 


Are you a keen baker?
I always like to have something homemade on hand to snack on at home, whether it be bliss balls, a banana bread or simple muffins. 
What is your 'go to' recipe that you always make for snacks? I am always looking for new inspiration, do share!

Oh and in exciting news, I bought a Thermo cooker and have officially joined the Thermomix club. So if you have any great Thermie recipe books, blogs or recipes I need to know about then be sure to leave a comment below or tag me on social media. I am SO excited to get cooking!

Happy baking! :)

PS: how cute is the flamingo tea towel? With the greenery of my indoor fern, it almost looks like it is peeking out of the jungle!
Follow Glamour Coastal Living:
 INSTAGRAM // FACEBOOK // PINTEREST // SHOP

3 comments :

  1. Yum these look so good. I'm yet to experiment with coconut flour but I think you've convinced me to give it a go. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it much lighter and easy to digest, you just have to make sure its a moist cake/muffin batter though otherwise you might feel its a little dry! yay x

      Delete
  2. Yum these looks so good! I'm not a very good baker, I use to blame my crappy old oven but when we renovated the kitchen I got a shiny new oven and I still can't bake like a domestic goddess, but I try and that's the main thing! I love to make muffins, banana muffins are my favourite as I can pretend they are healthy :)

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day receiving your lovely comments - feel free to leave one below x Ash

 

CONTACT/WORK WITH ME

ASHLEA KERR

Blogger, Creative + Business Owner

Gold Coast, Australia

Interested in working with me? Sounds fantastic, I love working with brands and creating fabulous content for my readers.

glamourcoastalliving@gmail.com

On Glamour Coastal Living

Related Posts with Thumbnails