2 September 2013

Who doesn't love a long weekend?!

Long weekends truly are the greatest aren't they?!

We had the Gold Coast Show weekend last week and being our first year living on the Gold Coast, we didn't know about it. So it was a lovely surprise to know only days before that it was a short working week and that Friday was a public holiday. I knew if we spent the weekend at home, we would end up busy finishing off another DIY renovation project...so we were spontaneous and went away for Friday night, to feel like we have had a break and got away. Although I did have to do some compromising with Nathan before we left - I painted the front wall of the house, he finished off laying the stacker stone wall (blog posts to come soon of these projects!).

Renovating is an addiction. I am not sure what we will do once this house is complete. I know the answer should be enjoy all the hard work we have put into it, but I already know we will be getting itchy feet and want to move onto another project. I even dream about DIY projects, renovations and house designs...yep I have got the renovation addiction bad!  So it was nice to get away and have a break from the house and have some downtime. We packed up the swag and went bush camping a few hours from home, west of Warwick in the QLD Darling Downs. We camping alongside Lake Leslie as it offers dog friendly bush camping, so we were able to take our favourite four legged buddy, Coopar. We sat around the campfire, watched for shooting stars, had a BBQ, went fishing and just relaxed. The perfect way to spend a public holiday. Nothing beats sleeping in a swag, watching the stars as you fall asleep, then waking to a misty sunrise with views over Lake Leslie.


Road Tripping


Swag, esky, tackle box - the camping essentials!

Road trip adventures



Sleeping in the swag


The view from the swag when we woke


 Thanks for stopping by Xx Ashlea

No comments :

Post a Comment

It makes my day receiving your lovely comments - feel free to leave one below x Ash

 

CONTACT/WORK WITH ME

ASHLEA KERR

Blogger, Creative + Business Owner

Gold Coast, Australia

Interested in working with me? Sounds fantastic, I love working with brands and creating fabulous content for my readers.

glamourcoastalliving@gmail.com

On Glamour Coastal Living

Related Posts with Thumbnails