7 October 2013

One Year 'Our First Home' Anniversary


October 2012 and the 'before' shot of our house
So this week is our 'one year in our first home' anniversary. It's such an exciting milestone for my husband and I for us not to share!! Taking on your first mortgage is daunting, but is so worth it! In the last twelve months we have achieved so much, grown, learnt and blossomed. I think we have found what we are good at - home renovating and DIY. You can see some of our progress so far here. We love it, we even woke yesterday at 6am Sunday morning to go and load a ute tray full or mulch to put in our prized new pool garden. I guess you could say we are dedicated, or perhaps a little too enthusiastic!!
Our aim when we moved into our home was to have the major renovations completed by October 2013, giving us a year to make magic happen. We are basically there, with only a few more projects and one half completed project to tick off the list:
1. Finish the kitchen renovation (more cupboards to still be replaced, new bench top and lighting to be installed)
2. Repave the pool area
3. Tackle the bathroom and modernise it

One of the things I love about owning a home is the ability to try different things. Moving furniture or ornaments from room to room is a constant in our house - we are still settling in and seeing what works! My goal over the next twelve months is to complete the last three projects so that I can share all our rooms with you here on the blog. I am not sure what will happen when the time comes where we no longer need to pick up a paintbrush or make a trip to Bunnings. I think then house number #2 will be on the cards, renovating for us is a hobby, we love to see the results and work as a team. I am thinking rustic, country and rural for our next home...
October 2013 and the 'progress' shot of our house - notice the ladder and out sunburnt faces. Yes we just finished painting our new front deck railing!
 Thanks so much for sharing in our journey so far (the best is yet to come!). We are making our house a home, our sanctuary, a place where we can share memories, occasions with family and friends.

Can't wait to share more projects, progress, messes and happy memories with you!


Ps: I have to make a special mention to my wonderful husband Nathan, thank you for all of the hard work and hours you have put into our home over the last twelve months. I truly marvel at your persistence, work ethic and ability to get the job done. You are amazing in my eyes and I am so lucky to have you x

Follow Glamour Coastal Living:
 INSTAGRAM // FACEBOOK // PINTEREST // SHOP

1 comment :

  1. Aww love.... What a nice reflection on the past year. Well done on your hard work, I share your exact feelings. Except after house number two for us I am keen as mustard to put down the tools and relax for a while lol. Looking forward to your new kitchen and bathroom pics :)

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day receiving your lovely comments - feel free to leave one below x Ash

 

CONTACT/WORK WITH ME

ASHLEA KERR

Blogger, Creative + Business Owner

Gold Coast, Australia

Interested in working with me? Sounds fantastic, I love working with brands and creating fabulous content for my readers.

glamourcoastalliving@gmail.com

On Glamour Coastal Living

Related Posts with Thumbnails