27 December 2013

Jam Drop Biscuits


Today I am sharing with you my Nanny's recipe for good old fashioned Jam Drop biscuits. Last Christmas I made these and gifted them to family and friends. I just purchased cute glass jars, filled them with these yummy biscuits, added some ribbon and voila! Everyone loved the biscuits and best of all, they can reuse the glass jar.



Here is the recipe.

Jam Drops

  • 2 Cups of plain flour
  • ¾ Cup sugar
  • 115g butter
  • 2 Eggs
  • 1 Tablespoon of cream of tartar
  • ½ Teaspoon of bicarb soda
1. Cream butter and sugar and gradually add the eggs.
2. Sift all other ingredients into mixture and spoon onto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
3. Dust the end of a wooden spoon lightly with flour and using the end of the wooden spoon, make a hole in the centre of the biscuit.
4. Fill the hole with strawberry jam.

I used a biscuit piping gun to create the cute flower shapes. However if preferred you can just keep the round traditional shape!




 Here are the glass jars I purchased and jazzed up with some ribbon and homemade gift tags.



I hope you enjoy making these!

post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment

It makes my day receiving your lovely comments - feel free to leave one below x Ash

 

CONTACT/WORK WITH ME

ASHLEA KERR

Blogger, Creative + Business Owner

Gold Coast, Australia

Interested in working with me? Sounds fantastic, I love working with brands and creating fabulous content for my readers.

glamourcoastalliving@gmail.com

On Glamour Coastal Living

Related Posts with Thumbnails