14 August 2014

A few weeks of Wonderlust

Do you ever feel that once the holiday is over, there is just mountains of clothes piled up in the laundry to be done? That's how I am feeling right now.

Last month I spent 8 nights on a small isolated island to the north of Fiji. It was heaven for me, a week full of my favourite things...

♥ Fresh seafood and home grown organic produce (the pineapple was out of this world!)
♥ Swaying coconut palm trees, coconut water, coconut in my food, coconut skincare - everything was coconut and I LOVE coconut. I was in my element!
♥ Time with my Husband to relax and recharge the batteries
♥ Blue water and blue skies and nothing to do but laze at the beach. 8 days with sand on my feet, salt in my hair and sun on my skin was just what I needed to break up the colder winter months back home!


Once home, there was a graduation ceremony and my Grandma's 90th birthday to attend, then we were off for 4 nights camping (tacked on to a work related trip). It was so nice to get away and live outdoors under the stars. It was perfect sunny weather, great surf and each night we watched the full moon rise over the ocean from our campsite as we sat around the campfire. You know it's a special place when your footprints are the only ones on the beach each day. We had the place to ourselves and it was so special, nothing beats camping!!



It has been a busy few weeks. Hence the laundry has been overflowing. In the last 24 hours I must have tackled 10+ loads of washing. As soon as the clothes are dry on the line, the next load goes on. It's a little rushed, as here on the Gold Coast we are expected to get some heavy rainfall over the next few days and for me, rain means that work gets busy. So it's nice to get on top of things and feel a little organised after a few weeks of wonderlust. 

On returning home yesterday from our camping getaway, I stumbled across a post from Recycled Interiors this week on Instagram and it got me thinking how nice to was to be at home and what makes me happy at home. Yesterday I posted this on Instagram and loved reading everyone's responses about what makes them happy at home. Here is the post and what I had to say...


I have just returned home from a four night camping getaway. I love camping and living in the outdoors! I have always had camping holidays as a child and always appreciate the simple way of living outdoors. Returning home I was happy to be in my own four walls and have running water and a toilet however! It made my think of a recent blog post I read from Helen at @recycled_interiors Helen asks 'what makes you happy at home?' Returning home after sleeping out under the stars made me think about my home and what makes me happy. For me, I love the way the sun shines into the kitchen in the morning, the fact I see koalas from my backyard sleeping in the gum trees and the beautiful summer breeze the back deck catches. I love that my husband and I have renovated our home together, each project our own labour and love. Most of all I love the people I share my home with...What makes you happy at home? 

So that's what I want to know. What makes you happy at home? 
Is it a room, a certain spot in your home, your furniture, trinkets?
I would love it if you left a comment below, I'd love to know....


Linking up with Pretty Mayhem for this wanderlust post


Pretty Mayhem



Follow Glamour Coastal Living:
 INSTAGRAM // FACEBOOK // PINTEREST // SHOP

3 comments :

  1. After a long holiday I love coming home to my own kitchen. I love eating out while I'm away but there's something really nice about cooking your favorite meals at home. The kitchen is my happy place. Oh and also my cozy bed ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the link up Pearl! I know what you mean, it is heaven not having to cook whilst you are on holidays...but nothing beats a home cooked meal and a comfy bed :) Thanks for stopping by x

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh, Ashlea, this looks like my actual DREAM! Sitting at my office desk and wishing myself into your photographs, haha! :D xxx

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day receiving your lovely comments - feel free to leave one below x Ash

 

CONTACT/WORK WITH ME

ASHLEA KERR

Blogger, Creative + Business Owner

Gold Coast, Australia

Interested in working with me? Sounds fantastic, I love working with brands and creating fabulous content for my readers.

glamourcoastalliving@gmail.com

On Glamour Coastal Living

Related Posts with Thumbnails