1 February 2015

Weekend Rewind: Soul Sisters, Flower Crowns & Tee Pees in the Forest!


All I could think about this week was going to the Kinfolk Festival

"KINFOLK FESTIVAL is a soul nourishing one-day event designed to re-ignite the Goddess within.  The experience will strengthen your connection with the endless wisdom & infinite power that resides inside you.

Nestled between a mystical forest and a winding creek, KINFOLK FESTIVAL will transport you to a place of serene wholeness.  Here you will feel safe to explore & express yourself freely, rejoicing in an open celebration of higher consciousness, the divine feminine & the power of sisterhood. 

Our expert guides will take you on a tranformative & fun journey inward, gently opening your heart, expanding your consciousness and assisting you to unwrap the hidden gifts waiting within.
"




Sounds amazing, right?! Well it was! 
Nestled alongside Crystal Creek in Northern NSW, it was a day to be creative and follow your hearts desires. The day was a series of workshops. Firstly we sat under a Tee Pees, making flower crowns, sitting cross legged on the ground, chatting and being creative was wonderful. Wearing a flower crown whilst bare foot for the day was something special! We indulged in organic food and cold pressed juices. We then met Violet Gray. The day changed, we meditated, we set intentions for ourself and manifested. Violet Gray is an intentional jewellery label, each piece they make has been intentionally created to act as a daily reminder for the positive changes, desires or manifestations that you intend to bring into your one beautiful life. It was intense! Alot of waves of emotions were ridden yesterday! Finishing the day off in the pine forest we did a tarot card reading then danced as the sun set between the mountains and trees. It was all about awakening your body and igniting the goddess within as we danced under the golden rays of the sun setting. Susan Frioni led the group and it was simply amazing. I know I have just used the word AMAZING several times in one paragraph - but its the perfect word to describe the surreal day I shared with so many inspiring ladies. 








With my Soul Sisters Lauren from Raw Beauty Studio & Tara from Sea + Stone Jewellery



This is how we finished off the day, driving home through the rolling hills with the moon rising and buzzing from it all. So much energy and power in one day!

Here is a little week rewind, want to know what I have been loving this week? Here it is...

 This gorgeous rustic West Australian home which oozes coastal living and still has a touch of 'homely'.

 Following the Beach House II renovation of Sarah, over on her blog A Beach Cottage. Seriously I dream about renovating in my sleep, I am so envious of this little charmer! Its scrubbing up so nicely.

 I loved reading about a gender reveal party (I didn't even know what this was all about until now, do you?!) from the lovely Maya at House Nerd. The photos of her finding out bubs gender are priceless. 

 Lastly, if I was to go on holidays, this is where I would want to be....ahhh heaven!

So this week on Glamour Coastal Living you have something BIG to look forward to. My bathroom renovation reveal! You may remember that this is what it did look like (the coffin bath and creepy tiles?!) and this is what I wanted it to look like (industrial, classic, chic!). Stay posted! I cant wait to share it with you all, you are going to be wowed.

How was your weekend? What did you get up to? 
Some R+R, lazy beach hangs, or some shopping and cafe hopping perhaps? Would you have liked to be a Soul Sister, flower crown making goddess with me yesterday?
I’d love to hear about you, leave me a comment below!

I am off to make some dreamcatcher creations and have a lazy Sunday
Follow Glamour Coastal Living:
 INSTAGRAM // FACEBOOK // PINTEREST // SHOP

6 comments :

  1. Such a beautiful event, Ashlea. The Kinfolk festival would be my ideal day, I think (if I could bring the husb and the kids along for the ride, which might defeat the purpose a little bit!!). x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was gorgeous Bron, such an amazing day! I think I am still on a natural buzz from it. I too wanted to share it with my loved ones x A

      Delete
  2. How did I miss this Ashlea?! - looks so beautiful! I'd love to go to the next one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so special! Keep an eye out for the 'Soul Sister Circle' events - they are Burleigh based so all of the events are local :) x

      Delete
  3. Awww thank you for the kind mention! That gave me a happy little start... I was just thinking, "oooh, I must check out this Beach Cottage blog" and then the next point is me! Chuffed :) Kinfolk festival looks so beautiful! Don't you love it when you have a really good day like this and it puts you on a high for ages xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nahh your too kind, no worries! I had to show my Mum your blog post with the gender reveal, your face and Nala's cake eating was too priceless not to share :) Yes Kinfolk was something special. You are right about being on a high - meeting these 80 women was inspiring. SO many talented ladies out there with so much to share! x

      Delete

It makes my day receiving your lovely comments - feel free to leave one below x Ash

 

CONTACT/WORK WITH ME

ASHLEA KERR

Blogger, Creative + Business Owner

Gold Coast, Australia

Interested in working with me? Sounds fantastic, I love working with brands and creating fabulous content for my readers.

glamourcoastalliving@gmail.com

On Glamour Coastal Living

Related Posts with Thumbnails