19 June 2015

Feature Friday: Australia's Most Expensive Street

I am back again this week with another amazing Feature Friday home. 
You all loved Yvette's home last week from The Stylist Splash - so I thought this week I would show you something a little 'wow' once more!


I came across an article this week which named the Australia's streets that had the highest number of million dollar homes. The winning street, is a winding one that starts near Bondi Beach and has properties that have recently jumped in price more than $300,000 in a year. The suburb is Dover heights and its called Military Road - have you heard of it? The median price of a home in Dover Heights is $2.6 million dollars. 

I had to do some investigating for myself, I wanted to see these million dollar houses and what all the fuss was about. I came across this...

One house that makes the street famous is the 'Butterfly House' which recently sold for 5.97 million dollars. Lets take a look and see what's inside...


The home boasts five bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, two kitchens, a rooftop terrace, cinema room, gym, pool and so much more. 

Imagine having views of the iconic opera house and harbour bridge? 
I am seeing myself here for NYE, glass of champagne in hand admiring the fireworks, what do you think? :P
Feel like joining me?!








Along with this Dover Heights street were nine other Sydney streets that made up the priciest streets in Australia. Sydney certainly does have some expensive real estate!!

TELL ME, COULD YOU LIVE THERE?
I think the kitchen will be a mixed review - either you will love the stark white or hate it. Personally, it is a little clinical but I love how seamless it looks. Flawlessly white, an amazing curved benchtop and so much cupboard space - what's not to love?!

Next week I will be bringing you one of our lovely readers homes - Nicole from The Builders Wife. I can't wait to show you inside her history filled Queenslander.

If you have a home that you would like to share on Glamour Coastal Living then get in touch with me - I would love to hear from you! It could be a renovation, a new makeover or a house tour. Or you may have seen a house in your neighbourhood you think is worth sharing?

Linking up with With Some Grace + Life Love Hiccups
 
Follow Glamour Coastal Living:
 INSTAGRAM // FACEBOOK // PINTEREST // SHOP


Note - The article I read is here and all images of the Butterfly House are from here, here and here.


11 comments :

  1. Good grief! How do people live like this when so many are homeless and starving in the world? Bondi itself has many homeless people. It's gorgeous but wow- hard to stomach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I could live there easy! I wish .....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah it's nice to dream for a moment and pretend that this blogging gig has made me enough money to buy the house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where to start...?! Is that grass real? It looks amazing. And that garage?! Oh my god.

    I could live there and hopefully I would feel very very blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a view. Not sure it's my cup of tea but the views are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd like the movie room...I thought Iluka road was the most $$ street in Sydney?

    ReplyDelete
  7. The garage is very Ron Dennis...ha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My cousin had a massive house like that in Dover Heights - it was just like the Butterfly House. It had amazing views of the harbour and Opera House on one side and the ocean and Bondi on the other. There was also a gem, steam room, pool (of course) and wine and beer fridges all around the house. We used to stay there when we came on holiday down under and it was the house dreams are made of! The real estate round there is totally gold plated but pretty swoonsome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW is about all I've got right now. Absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the peek inside the Butterfly House I've always wondered what it would be like inside. Why 2 kitchens I wonder, maybe one for the servants! The view and the pool are my favourite parts of that house I think.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes! I will see you there on New Years. What a view!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day receiving your lovely comments - feel free to leave one below x Ash

 

CONTACT/WORK WITH ME

ASHLEA KERR

Blogger, Creative + Business Owner

Gold Coast, Australia

Interested in working with me? Sounds fantastic, I love working with brands and creating fabulous content for my readers.

glamourcoastalliving@gmail.com

On Glamour Coastal Living

Related Posts with Thumbnails