2 June 2015

Home is when I am with you

What I love most about my home is who I share it with.


You may have gathered, if you follow along with my weekly Feature Friday posts  and blog antics that I love homes and I especially love to see inside and see how people live, their furnishings and style.

House, home, unit, apartment, cottage, penthouse, shed, caravan...the place we reside can be called alot of things. If I was to ask you what does home mean to you, I know its likely that your answer wont be the same as the person next to you. This week the word home has fascinated me, then  I came across these words on We Made This Home and they were so fitting to how I feel about this word Home.

"Home means many thing to different people...
 For me it is not just the old bricks and mortar that stand firmly on it's foundations, it is a place of comfort and a sense of belonging. Our home represents a journey and it tells a story - our story. Memories have been made here, both of happy times and of testing times, treasures found along the way fill the rooms, each piece destined to be apart of this story. Our home is an organic ever changing space that grows with us, week by week, month by month, It is the place where our creativity has the freedom to be expressed in ways that reflects just how we are feeing at any given moment, furniture is shuffled and our things are arranged and rearranged almost constantly."

Reading these words, it felt like I had put pen to paper and written them. It is exactly how I feel about a home.

The words to this song are some of my favourite. So fitting aren't they?
 Home is whenever I am with you. 

So click the song link, let the words play and have a think...
As I want to know

WHAT DOES THE WORD HOME MEAN TO YOU?
Does your home grow with you, as the seasons change, do you shuffle furniture and does your home tell your story?


Until next time, lover of all things home
Follow Glamour Coastal Living:
 INSTAGRAM // FACEBOOK // PINTEREST // SHOP

10 comments :

  1. Home is wherever I feel safe and appreciated, cared-for and loved. Home is an escape. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Home is wherever I feel comfortable, with the three loves of my life. I totally shuffle my stuff around, makes it feel fresh again. ps I got your email ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad I am not the only 'shuffler'! Change is as good as a holiday I say. Let me know if you need any more info from my email lovely x

      Delete
  3. Home is where I feel instantly comfortable when I arrive after being away. It is the place that I feel most at home with the people I love, but is also whatever place I am with the people I love the most. I look forward to reading more of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect words Kathy, so true. Nothing beats the feeling of 'home' especially if you have been away. Thanks for stopping by x

      Delete
  4. Home is wherever we are resting our head that night, as a family. When we are on holidays I often say 'let's go back home' which is of course just to our hotel room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post. Home is where my loved ones are and where I feel I can truly be myself. #teamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect words Renee, thanks for stopping by x

      Delete

It makes my day receiving your lovely comments - feel free to leave one below x Ash

 

CONTACT/WORK WITH ME

ASHLEA KERR

Blogger, Creative + Business Owner

Gold Coast, Australia

Interested in working with me? Sounds fantastic, I love working with brands and creating fabulous content for my readers.

glamourcoastalliving@gmail.com

On Glamour Coastal Living

Related Posts with Thumbnails