7 July 2015

Visiting The Gold Coast? Here is my corner of the world!


I love where I live.

I love that on my doorstep I have white sandy beaches, the hinterland and the rainforest.

So where do I live?
Currumbin on the southern Gold Coast. Have you visited my corner of the world before?

I thought I would share with you today some top things to do if you happen to be in the area, whilst on holiday, or maybe you live nearby but hadn't yet experienced Currumbin for yourself? 

I love the idea of taking you on a tour of my town, to show Australia my corner of the world. I thought it would be a great way for you to learn about my backyard and perhaps I can learn a little more about yours?

I have chosen three things to do, as a family that are free. That's right, free - here is my pick on what to do and see if you are visiting Currumbin.

|| 1. Visit the iconic Currumbin Beach

The sandy stretch of beach along Currumbin offers so much - 

+ perfect waves for the surf enthusiasts at Currumbin Alley
+ a beautiful paved esplanade for those wanting to get some fresh air and exercise
+ a great lookout right on top of Elephant Rock where you get an amazing view from the southern sip of the Gold Coast Coolangatta, to the far north of South Stradbroke Island. Perfect vantage point for whale spotting in the winter months!
+ watch the sunset, where you can see the sun setting over the Gold Coast hinterland and creek, whilst watching the skyrises lights twinkling at Surfers Paradise in the distance


 

|| 2. Take a drive to through the hinterland to Currumbin Valley

This has to be one of my most favourite things to do - I love a Sunday afternoon drive to Currumbin Valley! As you enter the beginning of Currumbin Valley, the road starts with an arch of lush green trees that immediately make you feel you have driven the road less travelled. You follow the windy bends, alongside Currumbin Creek, past beautiful acreage homes, horses and cattle. There are some great spots to see-
+ swim at the Currumbin rockpools, where you will see turtles and platypus in the shallows. It's the prefect spot to cool down under the shade of the trees after a hot day!
+ Take the guided walk in the Cougal National Park and see the rockpools, water falls, rainforest and wildlife (note, flat path that is wheelchair friendly and about a 700m return walk so friendly on little legs too!). At the end you will reach a historic sawmill and can learn a little local history.
+ Take a picnic and sit amongst the tall trees in the picnic area at Cougal National Park






|| 3. Take the Kids to the Pirate Park

This is the perfect spot for kids of all ages - a fantastic park themed around a pirate ship, with a walk the plank, hidden tunnels and even a treasure map!

There is a great cafe nearby for coffees or takeaway lunch, lots of green grass to picnic and the beautiful Currumbin Creek only meters away. It really is a great spot for the whole family to have fun!

source
So there you have it, my top three must sees if you are visiting Currumbin on the southern Gold Coast.

Best of all? It's all free! So enjoy it, bask in the beauty of the natural surrounds and take the road less travelled, its worth it!

Now its over to you, tell me...
What do you love about your corner of the world? Where is home for you? What are your favourite things to do or see in your corner of Australia (or the world for any overseas readers?!)

I would love to know if you have visited the Gold Coast or Currumbin before? Have you been to any of these spots before? 

As part of Voices of 2015 program, Kidspot has invited Australian bloggers like myself to showcase their best three things to do in their corner of Australia in their Put Yourself on The Map Challenge. Hope you enjoyed my top three for the #ShareAustralia challenge!

Feel free to join in, using the hashtag #ShareAustralia if you want to share some top places in your corner of the world!

Linking up with Kidspot and Essentially Jess for today's post

Follow Glamour Coastal Living:
 INSTAGRAM // FACEBOOK // PINTEREST // SHOP



19 comments :

  1. You certainly do live in a beautiful corner of Australia Aslea! That park looks fab!
    And what a beautiful Sunday drive! Thanks for sharing your world xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful part of Australia, and indeed the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous part of Australia to call home. My little guy would love that Pirate Park, I'll keep that in mind next time we visit. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even if you are passing through on the highway Sarah, its only 5 mins off the highway and perfect spot to let the kids go wild after being stuck in the car for a few hours! Byron Bay is truly 'home' but this is a great medium x

      Delete
  4. Currumbin is my favourite part of the coast. I'll have to look out for you next time we go. My parents used to have a holiday unit at Palm Beach and we would always swim at Currumbin. It has such a great feel to it and a great area for kids to swim in too. Ah I want to be there now. You're very lucky to live there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really, what a great spot to have a holiday unit! So central to everything and a little more low key than the northern parts of the coast. I love calling this place home, thank you x

      Delete
  5. That pirate park looks fun - my son would love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a kids paradise - perfect for a birthday party, hours of endless fun!

      Delete
  6. Wow that is really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My girls would love that pirate park. I do love Currumbin. South East QLD has some beautiful spots doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we are so lucky to call SEQLD home! Kids go bananas for the park, its always so popular and busy. There is a great dog friendly beach right next to it, so I always walk past with my pooch and the cries of fun you hear are priceless! :)

      Delete
  8. I love the Gold Coast Hinterland! We were there last year with the kids and had a wonderful time, but I wish we had more time to explore the region and Currumbin. PS I found your blog via I Blog On Tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thought I would stop by after you dropped by my blog :) So nice to find a fellow qld blogger, I live on the Sunshine Coast, so were practically neighbours. I absolutely adore the Gold Coast Hinterland, but I have not been anywhere else unless you count the theme parks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Gilly your blog is divine, I am so in love with it! So creative :) The theme parks are alot of fun but there is so much more the GC offers. I love your neighbourhood, I was in Noosa for thw weekend not long ago and just love all the little coastal and hinterland spots to explore. I would love to live a little further north there x

      Delete
  10. Looks like a beautiful spot. Thanks so much for sharing. Will add it to my travel wish list. Sending some fairy wishes and butterfly kisses from #teamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
  11. That pirate park looks amazing, my kids would love that. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all three of these things and was nodding along the whole time. We are so so lucky to live here.
    Thanks for joining in #wednesdaywanderlust

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely, great ideas that a newbie like myself (I live in Sydney) could easily do. There's nothing like an insider's expert knowledge.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day receiving your lovely comments - feel free to leave one below x Ash

 

CONTACT/WORK WITH ME

ASHLEA KERR

Blogger, Creative + Business Owner

Gold Coast, Australia

Interested in working with me? Sounds fantastic, I love working with brands and creating fabulous content for my readers.

glamourcoastalliving@gmail.com

On Glamour Coastal Living

Related Posts with Thumbnails