22 November 2015

I cleansed + detoxed (& survived!)


I am so proud of myself - seriously! I kicked butt with a 5 day gentle body cleanse this week. I detoxed from gluten, dairy, meat sugar, caffeine, and all the toxins your body builds up on a vegan cleanse. 

My aim?
 To be healthier, happier, have better digestion and more hormonally balanced. 

I did it via a 5 day meal plan by Nat Kringoudis and loved it. All the meals were mapped out and it even had a shopping list, which was super awesome going to the supermarket and having everything mapped out for you. There was lots of salads, berries, veges and simple 'back to basics' meals. I was super lucky to have the support of Hubby and he joined in for the 5 days. It would have been super hard doing it on my own and watching him across the table devouring everything I could not eat!


Sautéed kale and baked sweet potato

  Sweet potato and potato red curry with spinach and capsicum served with brown rice

Buckwheat pancakes with homemade berry and chia seed jam

Smoothie bowl, with almonds, coconut, chia seeds and fresh fruit

 Baked beetroot zucchini, eggplant and sweet potato with rocket and homemade basil pesto

Smoothie bowl with fresh banana, apple, seeds & nuts

 Raspberry, rocket, pea and avocado salad with cauliflower 

Green juice - pear, apple, spinach, lemon and ginger

Day 1 was exciting, I did alot of prep in the kitchen the day before so I had lunch already cooked and lots of snacks made up - like home made hummus with vege sticks.

Day 2 was a little harder, at this point your body is detoxing from a full 24 hours without the intake of food and beverages you would normally consume. I nearly cried at dinner time, I had such a craving for an eye fillet steak! I went to bed early and I felt a little like Homer Simpson, dreaming of food as I drifted off to sleep.

Day 3 was easier, the food plan and restrictions now felt like my new way of life and I embraced it more and felt fabulous knowing I had kicked the halfway mark. At this point, I had my eye on the prize... and that was a steak sandwich on Saturday afternoon at the Bangalow Show. I just had to make it through until Saturday!

Day 4 flew by and we even went out to dinner as a treat to a vegan restaurant which focuses on local and fresh produce - having beetroot patties with kale, sweet potato mash and homemade dipping sauces. It was so nice to eat out and not have to cook and appreciate all the flavours and tastes.

Day 5 came along in no time and yes...I ate my steak sandwich. I think I nearly inhaled it. It was that damn good!

Overall, I felt lighter and brighter when cleansing. I woke earlier, feeling fresher and got up once I woke instead of dozing, enjoying sunrises at the beach each morning. I also ate slower, chewed my food more and because of this I feel felt fuller quicker. I didn't need near as much food as I normally would and felt content. I am so glad I gave it a go and it was a great spring clean for my body I feel.

HAVE YOU DONE A CLEANSE OR DETOX BEFORE? 
What did it involve? Did you make it to the end? 
If you haven't cleansed before, would you give it a go?

If you have been thinking about it, I am sure my yummy food snaps will help inspire you - how delicious does the food look!

Have a great week x
Follow Glamour Coastal Living:
 INSTAGRAM // FACEBOOK // PINTEREST // SHOP

1 comment :

  1. I have never done a proper detox - although I really should. That smoothie bowl though looks absolutely divine.. actually all of it does so maybe I should be brave and give it a go... after Christmas ;) xx

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day receiving your lovely comments - feel free to leave one below x Ash

 

CONTACT/WORK WITH ME

ASHLEA KERR

Blogger, Creative + Business Owner

Gold Coast, Australia

Interested in working with me? Sounds fantastic, I love working with brands and creating fabulous content for my readers.

glamourcoastalliving@gmail.com

On Glamour Coastal Living

Related Posts with Thumbnails