8 January 2016

Feature Friday: Melinda's light filled Sydney Home


Its my first official post for 2016 and I am kicking it off with a Feature Friday home tour post - with a difference.

Today I am so excited to share with you a home of a very lovely lady. Let me tell you a little about Melinda. I am busting to share her home with you all, but first I will tell you about Melinda...

Melinda and I became friends on Instagram. She is one of those lovely friends who always takes the time to leave thoughtful and kind comments and cheery emoticons. She is the friend you all want and need and today I am happy to share Melinda and her gorgeous home with you all.

An interior design lover, with an eye for neutral tones and textures. Melinda lives on the sunny Northern Beaches of Sydney with her family and Honey the Cavoodle. If you already follow her on Instragram you will know she is an avid photo taker and loves to take part in Photo-a-day and Doodle-a-day (she is great at it too!). 

Her gorgeous Honey the Cavoodle matches the decor and is always to be found in funny places - on the coffee table, lounge, on the outdoor table! She is a great laugh and I love following her antics.

So lets take a look inside Melinda's home shall we and learn a little more about this lovely lady and her fabulous interior style....


Melinda, it’s so lovely to have you here with us – tell us a bit about yourself, as well as your home and loves!
I live on the Northern beaches Sydney with my husband and two adult children and Honey our  cheeky cavoodle, who appears on my Instagram quite frequently. We designed and built our home 9 years ago. Apart from my family my other loves are the beach and spending time by the ocean, swimming and beautiful sunny days. 


I have been following your Instagram account and love seeing your home and gorgeous style. What do you love most about your home?
The thing I love most about my home would be that it's a comfy place to live in with lots of neutral tones and finishes throughout that so far have not really dated. It's an easy home to relax in and has a beautiful breeze on those hot summer days and nights. 

What does the word home mean to you?
The word home means peace, quiet and happiness to me. 

I see that you have been painting the exterior of your home - do you have any other renovation or projects happening at the moment?
Yes my husband has finished painting the outside of our home and he is going to give the inside a fresh coat of paint in the new year. This is the longest we have stayed in one home so it's time for a refresh. The other job that needs attention would be our timber floors which we have throughout, apart from the bathrooms which have tiles that remind me of sand and shells which I just love, we need to recoat the timber as it has worn in those tell tale areas of the kitchen. 

Describe your style?
My style is one of neutral tones, natural finishes and I hope it makes for a place to relax in. 

Your inspiration for your home?
The inspiration for my home comes from the ocean and Mother Nature really.

Favourite Room?
My favourite room would be our open plan kitchen dining lounge area, but I do love our bathroom tiles too.

Biggest indulgence?
My biggest indulgence is easy, it's my addiction to home magazines and homeware stores I think. I love every month when the new editions are out and we actually got the idea for some of the design of our home from a magazine. I wish Instagram was available back then, it would of made things so much easier. 

Favourite places to shop for home decor and furniture?
Some of my favourite places for home decor and furniture would be Beachwood Avalon, we have some furniture from their store and homewares too. Alfresco Emporium in Collaroy always have amazingly beautiful homewares and kitchen pieces too, I love to go in there and rarely leave empty handed. I love homewares from Country Road and also adore their bed linen and cushions. Also Swish is another favourite for some of our timber pieces. 






I was so blown away when Melinda told me that this hallway stand was made for her by her son. So impressive and how talented! It is absolutely beautiful and even more special knowing it was created with such love!

I have mentioned before how much I love feathers and decorating with them in your home, you can read the post here. Melinda nails this look, I cannot take my eyes of the vase of peasant feathers on the top of this hallway stand. What do you think? Have you ever incorporated feathers into your home before? Will you try it after seeing this?





Melinda spoke of her inspiration for her home, saying that it comes from the ocean and Mother Nature - you can see this throughout her home, with the blue ocean tones in the kitchen, timber flooring and neutral walls and colours. You can see this theme is carried throughout the home, which creates consistency and a harmonious look. 

I adore her collection of natural pieces, timber, crystal, shells and feathers.















To top of this beautiful home, there is the most gorgeous established tropical gardens, how stunning is this jacaranda tree in bloom?


Christmas 2015

I had to include some photos Melinda shared on Instagram of her home at Christmas time. A gold theme, pink and red wrapped gifts, tassels and the most beautifully decorated tree. Make sure you are pinning these pictures ready for next Christmas - this is the relaxed and elegant Christmas that I love!







Oh boy, where do i start?

I love it all - the timber floors, the open plan living space and all those windows. You can just imagine the summer breeze blowing through and all the natural light they would bring.

Did you spot Honey in some of the photos? Isn't she sweet? You should see some of the photos Melinda shares on Instagram of her antics, absolutely hilarious! :)

say hello
You can meet and say hi to Melinda here on her Instagram
Please make Melinda feel welcome here on Glamour Coastal Living and share with her what you love about her home.
Do you love her style and the welcoming home she has created?
 What is your favourite room of piece of furniture in the home?
 Did you spot the cute cheeky parrot bag hooks on the wall?
Do share xx
Follow Glamour Coastal Living:
 INSTAGRAM // FACEBOOK // PINTEREST // SHOP





10 comments :

  1. Melinda, like yourself, is gorgeous. How wonderful to see a little more of her home. Thank you both for sharing xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you loved it Nicole - its such a beautiful home. Your too kind xx

      Delete
  2. Melindas home is beautiful bright light and fresh I love it,great story Ashlea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You two remind me of eachother a little - you both have a similar style in a way! So glad you stopped by Cathy, thanks for ready x

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the peep into Melindas home. Gorgeous. Thank you both for showing such inspiring decor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our pleasre - thanks for stopping by and your kind words :) x

      Delete
  4. Wow - what a beautiful home! Melinda certainly does have the interior decorating touch. I need to get her to my place to do a makeover! My sister lives on the northern beaches in Sydney too. I adore the hallway stand made by her son. How clever is he?! My house is feeling rather dark and dull now ... hmmm. Loved the tour - thank you for letting us have a peep Melinda! :-) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Min for stopping by! A coat of paint always freshens a home and light coloured window coverings. Add some green lush indoor plants and your home will be feeling lighter and brighter! Her son is very talented, I want one of these hallway stands for my home now :) xx

      Delete
  5. I have followed Melinda on Instagram for ages, her home is amazing. She decorates her home so beautifully. Love the cabinet with the turquoise. Thanks for showing us your home Melinda & thanks Ashlea for a great story.😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you loved it Julie - the cabinet is beautiful isn't it, I love the pop of coastal blue. We all love our shades of blue don't we :) x

      Delete

It makes my day receiving your lovely comments - feel free to leave one below x Ash

 

CONTACT/WORK WITH ME

ASHLEA KERR

Blogger, Creative + Business Owner

Gold Coast, Australia

Interested in working with me? Sounds fantastic, I love working with brands and creating fabulous content for my readers.

glamourcoastalliving@gmail.com

On Glamour Coastal Living

Related Posts with Thumbnails