13 May 2016

Feature Friday:At home with Chyka Keebaugh



source
It is clear that the Real Housewives of Melbourne star Chyka Keebaugh is house proud.

With a natural flair for making everything look and feel beautiful  - Chyka is one of the most sought after event stylists and planners in Australia. From the photos of her home tour I am sharing with you today you will see why. 

A manor style abode, this three bedroom, four bathroom home, plus a granny flat is impeccable. Organised, colour coordinated (you should see Chyka's wardrobe!) and effortlessly elegant, it is a home that I know you will love to see inside of.

Alongside husband Bruce, Chyka owns The Big Group, one of Australia’s largest privately owned catering and event-management companies. Hard work has clearly led to success, with them residing in the home of their dreams in Melbourne's eastern suburbs. 

Lets take a look shall we....
source
source
source
Chyka
source

Often compared to Carrie Bradshaw, Chyka's favourite room is her dressing room. You can see why can't you!
 There are rows of sunglasses on show, shelves of shoes, drawers solely dedicated to necklaces, earrings or watches, everything colour coordinated. Its the thing dreams are made of!
source

source

Chyka has described her home as eclectic and layered and describes it as having a heart, soul and story.

The family have lived in the home for sixteen years, with every inch of it being renovated in that time. She is one to not be able to sit still however and always has ideas of fixing, rearranging and organising.

There are neutral base tones, but pops of fun colour and texture, which is certainly Chyka's style! I am totally in love with the cute fluffy pooch on the lounge, who is conveniently also matched to the neutral colour scheme!


Chyka opted for a galley kitchen when the renovations took place and says it works really well in their busy household. The white cabinetry and simple stainless-steel range hood gives the space a clean and modern style. “When we put in the extra-high benches, the builder told me they were too high! However, I think they’re perfect and make the kitchen look bigger than it is,” Chyka says.


The living room was part of the extension that Chyka and Bruce added on seven years ago. The most striking feature of this space is the generous bank of windows, which allow floods of sunlight to come into the room. “I also love the layering of cushions on the neutral linen couch,” says Chyka, “and the love seat is where you will find me with a dog on either side reading a new magazine.”


source
Chyka
source
source

Chyka
source

Chyka's home is all in the detail, with obvious contrasts of old and new.
 It is a home with personality, but class.
 A subtle elegance.

WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT CHYKA'S HOME?
IS IT A HOME YOU COULD SEE YOURSELF LIVING IN?

Oh and why your here, do tell me, are you a fan of the Real Housewives of Melbourne too? I am obsessed this season, its getting even more heated and narky. It is great TV watching and of course Chyka is my favourite! 

If you want to see more of Chyka and her home, as well as her living and orgabisation tips then visit her gorgeous blog
I know you will love it!

As always, if you are looking for more home tours and real homes, then click on over to my Feature Friday page where you will be inundated with beauty and style.

Happy Friday peeps!
Follow Glamour Coastal Living:
 INSTAGRAM // FACEBOOK // PINTEREST // SHOP

7 comments :

  1. OMG, that's so my style! Wish I had the money to style my home like that. One day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - so elegant, but still has that homely feel and personality. How's the beautiful exterior and those vines?!! Oh boy xx

      Delete
  2. Wow! Not my style at all but amazing nonetheless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep... you got me, I'm a fan of Housewives.
    And Chyka is one of my favourites too.
    I was also a fan of Carrie Bradshaw, I'll kill to have a dressing room like that.
    Happy weekend lovely. x
    Thanks for the tour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a stunning home. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh wow! The outside is my absolute favourite! The vines covering that brick! Amazing!
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this house! And that wardrobe - swoon. I'm a secret fan of Chyka's too the other housewives though not so much!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day receiving your lovely comments - feel free to leave one below x Ash

 

CONTACT/WORK WITH ME

ASHLEA KERR

Blogger, Creative + Business Owner

Gold Coast, Australia

Interested in working with me? Sounds fantastic, I love working with brands and creating fabulous content for my readers.

glamourcoastalliving@gmail.com

On Glamour Coastal Living

Related Posts with Thumbnails