24 September 2014

Wednesday Wanderlust


Wanderlust is a strong desire for or impulse to 

wander, travel or explore.

Wanderlust has taken over my body lately. I am loving exploring, seeing and experiencing new things. Fraser Island has been on the 'to do' list for a while and we recently bought a 4WD, so now there was no excuse. We roped my bestie and her partner in for an awesome foursome sand island adventure earlier in the month.

I had no idea Fraser Island is the largest sand island in the world! Its 123km long and 25km wide. We tackled the majoity of the island in seven days and loved every minute of it. You may have seen me posting here on Instagram about the trip.

Our week was filled with endless sand dunes, blue skies, sand between my toes, salty hair and camping on the beach. It was amazing watching the sun rise over the ocean each morning and then having the full moon rise over the ocean that night. I will never forget the orange glow on the horizon as the full moon rose, it was one of the most spectacular displays of nature I have ever seen. Out of the darkness this moon appeared, lighting the waves, the sand and our campsite. Nothing beats camping!









And after days with no showers or running water and swimming each day to bathe this is what we looked like at the end of the trip...




Crazy beach hair, yet happy to be home, happy to have running water, but most of all happy for the experience!

I am feeling inspired and rejuvenated and happy to be home. Nothing beats an adventure though, until the next wave of Wanderlust hits me that's where I'll be :P

On the blog today is a collection of my favourite photos that I shared on #Instagram during August - a lovely way to celebrate the end of another wonderful month and the start of Spring x

Follow Glamour Coastal Living:
 INSTAGRAM // FACEBOOK // PINTEREST // SHOP

2 comments :

  1. Was such an amazing week! Love your husband:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful! It's on my list of places to visit! During whale time too.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day receiving your lovely comments - feel free to leave one below x Ash

 

CONTACT/WORK WITH ME

ASHLEA KERR

Blogger, Creative + Business Owner

Gold Coast, Australia

Interested in working with me? Sounds fantastic, I love working with brands and creating fabulous content for my readers.

glamourcoastalliving@gmail.com

On Glamour Coastal Living

Related Posts with Thumbnails