16 February 2015

Darren & Dee Make The Block Elimination



Are you tuning in to The Block Triple Threat? It's a bit hard not too with round after round of eliminations and twists isn't it! 

Darren and Dee as the All Stars made it through the elimination round last night, beating All Stars Bec & George and Matt & Kim by one point. The rooms they created in one week were amazing. All three couples created amazing spaces that were all worthy of a win. Bec & George created an elegant finish with stunning herringbone parquetry flooring and Matt & Kim with their panelled wall details. Both rooms by the couples were finished to such a high standard creating win worthy rooms, but on the night the judges deemed Darren & Dee's room the ultimate retreat with Whitaker describing the finished result as “seamless, calm and relaxing”. “This is the room where I want to unpack my bag,” Whitaker said. I think it's Dee's bedding choice that draws you into the room, it does look so inviting and in a small space there is not much else in the bedroom to draw you in.





Deanne and Darren will now take on newbies Jess and Ayden, Anastasia and Tim, and Josh and Charlotte. The judges were not too impressed with the newbies rooms, labelling them as generic, dated and soulless. A hard knock to take for week 1! I would tend to agree though, with all of their previous elimination rooms far better than what they produced last night! “None of the rooms are good enough for the area,” the judges agreed.
Here is a peek at the other contestant's rooms.
|| Bec & George ||



|| Kim & Matt ||

|| Jess & Ayden ||

|| Tim & Anastasia ||

|| Josh & Charlotte ||

I wish the results could have been different, I so wanted Bec & George to have the opportunity to tackle The Block again, this time with less heartache and be able to give it their 100%. Bec's tears at the end of the elimination round were so hard to watch.

What do you think, were Darren & Dee worthy of the win? Will you be tuning in to watch the rest of the season?

Photos via The Block and quotes via here
Follow Glamour Coastal Living:
 INSTAGRAM // FACEBOOK // PINTEREST // SHOP

2 comments :

  1. It was a beautiful room - they all were but Dee is by far my least fave just because of the way she comes across on screen. I suppose that shouldnt matter though as she is a fabulous decorator xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a beautiful room, I do have to agree. But Dee's personality is not so easy to watch. I feel for her husband, imagine what she is like off camera at times :O I hope they do great things, I bet the newbies are shaking at their knees having to go up against the Double D super team!! :)

      Delete

It makes my day receiving your lovely comments - feel free to leave one below x Ash

 

CONTACT/WORK WITH ME

ASHLEA KERR

Blogger, Creative + Business Owner

Gold Coast, Australia

Interested in working with me? Sounds fantastic, I love working with brands and creating fabulous content for my readers.

glamourcoastalliving@gmail.com

On Glamour Coastal Living

Related Posts with Thumbnails