12 August 2015

A week out under the stars

You know when you find a spot to holiday and you just keep going back? 

It becomes familiar, you get to know the best beaches, great places to eat and things to do.
I found that spot. We have been three times now in the last eighteen months and its becoming 'our' camping spot. Nestled on a creek that flows out to the ocean, there is lots of water for fishing, swimming, surfing and beach fun. 

My best friend called a few weeks ago and told me they were heading to 'our' spot and would we care to join her and her fiancĂ© for a week of camping fun. We couldn't turn the offer down, so last week we set off for our adventure. The first day hit 27 degrees which was perfection for a winters day, then it dropped to around 20 degrees which for some may not be cold, but when you are living outdoors and sleeping in a tent 20 degrees in winter is cold! The sun was shining each day though and the beach was postcard worthy.

We spend our days walking the beach, fishing, sightseeing, exploring, 4WDing, eating and indulging. The best bit was that we were able to have a camp fire at night, so that kept us a little warmer. Here are some snaps from our getaway.















I thought I would look back and see some of the photos and what I posted here on the blog when I camped at this spot last time - here is a snippet below....and nothing has changed I still feel the same!

I have just returned home from a four night camping getaway. I love camping and living in the outdoors! I have always had camping holidays as a child and always appreciate the simple way of living outdoors. Returning home I was happy to be in my own four walls and have running water and a toilet however! It made my think of a recent blog post I read from Helen at @recycled_interiors Helen asks 'what makes you happy at home?' Returning home after sleeping out under the stars made me think about my home and what makes me happy. For me, I love the way the sun shines into the kitchen in the morning, the fact I see koalas from my backyard sleeping in the gum trees and the beautiful summer breeze the back deck catches. I love that my husband and I have renovated our home together, each project our own labour and love. Most of all I love the people I share my home with...What makes you happy at home? 

I still feel the same way, exactly twelve months on. As much as I love living outdoors and camping, nothing beats the feeling of coming home.

DO YOU LOVE CAMPING AND SLEEPING OUT UNDER THE STARS?
 Or would you prefer a comfy bed and 5 star hotel?
What would your ideal holiday look like?


PS: can you guess where I camped? 
hint - it's just north of Coffs Harbour
Follow Glamour Coastal Living:
 INSTAGRAM // FACEBOOK // PINTEREST // SHOP

5 comments :

  1. No, I cannot determine where you went. You have to tell me ;0) Answering your questions, yes, I love to camp and sleep under the stars. We went camping about a month ago and the sky as starry as you can imagine. You forge that looks when you live in the city.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - living in a built up area the light often dull the sky, the nights were dark, with so many stars. It was Moonee Beach, a perfect spot on the Aus east coast :)

      Delete
  2. There are so many great little beaches around Coffs Harbour, maybe Moonee Beach? I love camping too but am always glad to return back home again. I think it is the constantly dirty floors that get to me in the end.
    Thanks for joining in #wednesdaywanderlust this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you are spot on Malinda - it was Moonee Beach! They have just upgraded the amenities and U cannot fault the park. We had he tailend of the full moon, so we got to see it rising over the creek each night which was beautiful x

      Delete
  3. Such a quiet and clean beach! We visited Coffs Harbour once, but many years back. Speaking of which, I have not been to camping for a looooong time.

    And you got me thinking... what do I love about my home... hmmm...

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day receiving your lovely comments - feel free to leave one below x Ash

 

CONTACT/WORK WITH ME

ASHLEA KERR

Blogger, Creative + Business Owner

Gold Coast, Australia

Interested in working with me? Sounds fantastic, I love working with brands and creating fabulous content for my readers.

glamourcoastalliving@gmail.com

On Glamour Coastal Living

Related Posts with Thumbnails