6 November 2015

Feature Friday: Tropical Modern Home in Auckland





When I hear the word 'tropical', Auckland doesn't come to mind. That's why I was so surprised to come across this modern, tropical home recently. Since when did it get warm enough in New Zealand for a pool and palm trees?!

There is no doubt, floating around Instagram or Pinterest you would have seen the first photo above? Palms, weatherboard, tropical greenery, its heaven! Lets take a peek inside...





The home dates back to 1910, with the owners biting off four reno projects to achieve what they have today.

As quoted from the owners on what they would do differently...
"Plan. Consider your overall plan right from the beginning, including budgets and time frame - we didn't do this! Next time, I would start out with a clear vision for the entire house before making even one change."

I totally agree, this is something that I didn't do with my own renovation and later down the track, when adding up the numbers and expenditure you realise where you could have saved or spent in projects. Being my first home, I was just too eager to get stuck into it and start ticking off completed projects!

What did you love about the home? 
Were you shocked too that this tropical gorgeousness could be found in New Zealand?

I love the raised sink in the bathroom, which is something I did in my bathroom renovation. I love that it provides the illusion and feel of more bench space. The French doors leading into the dining space are also divine. If you have a similar space and layout, with a dining table that looks out a doorway or outdoor area, you may want to consider turning the table horizontally, not like the photo above. This way all those dining at the table will get an outside view. Something to think about anyway!

If you love taking a look inside peoples homes, then you can view more home tours here. Or maybe you have a recent reno that you want to share her on Glamour Coastal Living? Let me know, I would love to have you on board!

You can read about the home and renovation here - all images and info was sourced from Inside Out.
Follow Glamour Coastal Living:
 INSTAGRAM // FACEBOOK // PINTEREST // SHOP

2 comments :

  1. Wow Ashlea, this home is so gorgeous.Love the tropical gardens & its decorated so beautifully! My dream home!🌴🌴🌴

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A stunner isn't it! I had seen it around Instagram and Pinterest for some time, but hadn't been able to find the source. So glad I did, I was desperate to see more of the home! Thanks for saying hi Julie x

      Delete

It makes my day receiving your lovely comments - feel free to leave one below x Ash

 

CONTACT/WORK WITH ME

ASHLEA KERR

Blogger, Creative + Business Owner

Gold Coast, Australia

Interested in working with me? Sounds fantastic, I love working with brands and creating fabulous content for my readers.

glamourcoastalliving@gmail.com

On Glamour Coastal Living

Related Posts with Thumbnails