10 November 2015

Pendant Lights - trends and tips

source
I am one to always mix and match with my furniture and bits and pieces. Plants and vases get moved from room to room and cushions are always on rotation. Change is as good as a holiday right?

If you are looking for a way to easily update your homes interior and create a new look, then consider adding some new lighting. I came across some fabulous light finds and thought I would share my finds with you today - who knows perhaps a new kitchen or dining room pendant light will give your home a whole new look?

source
source
source
source

Timber, copper, whites and industrial concrete are very on trend at the moment. I personally love the combination of timber and white.

If you are considering adding pendant lights to your home, here are my tips:

Hang it at the correct height

Depending on the location of the pendant light, will depend on how high or low you hang it. If it is to be hung along your bed, then it might hang lower than over your kitchen table for instance. When purchasing your pendant light, ask the professionals instore or online. They will want to know where you are hanging it, your ceiling height and lastly the cord length of the light you have purchased.
keep in mind the heights of those in your home, you don't want people to feel like they have to duck to walk under a light. 

Choose the right light globe

There are different shades of white - warm and cool, choose a cool shade if you have stark whites and a modern interior. If you want to create a warmer and cosier atmosphere, choose a warm globe. There are also different strengths, so be mindful of this if you are looking for ambience versus task lighting.

How many pendant lights

Some pendant lights are designed and look better hung in clusters. An example of this is lights one to three below, these would all look fabulous hung in a cluster (always in odd numbers, I would recommend three or five for a great effect!) whereas lights four and five are a feature pendant and look best on their own.

Where to hang your pendant lights
Your bedroom - as reading lights 
Corner of a room - hang a cluster of three for an added effect
Over the dining area
Over the kitchen bench
Hall way or living space with a high ceiling - to add a sense of drama and show off ceiling heights!


Here are my top pendant light picks 




1 || 2 || 3 || 4 || 5 

HAVE YOU HAD PENDANT LIGHT SUCCESS OR FAILURE?
 DO SHARE!
I think the common failure is the height of them, I am quite tall (175cm) and I have had the urge to duck quite a few times walking into peoples homes. You have to be mindful of it!

Happy shopping! x

Linking up with Essentially Jess
Follow Glamour Coastal Living:
 INSTAGRAM // FACEBOOK // PINTEREST // SHOP

7 comments :

  1. This is a great post! You've chose some beautiful pendant lights to show :) Really good advice also :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria for stopping by! I am always dreaming of pendant lights but unfortunately my ceiling heights are just not high enough! x

      Delete
  2. Oh this is perfect timing I'm onto lights this week in our reno and just wondering if I will put some above the island bench or not. I love those copper ones in the first kitchen photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hot hot hot pendants lights! Great advice too xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are renting so have very little choice with our lights unfortunately. I do love pendant lights though. There are so many beautiful options.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. You have great taste. I'd really love some pendant lights in our bedroom. Maybe Santa will bring me some :) #teamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow so nice furnish for Pendant Lights keep sharing with us yours idea thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day receiving your lovely comments - feel free to leave one below x Ash

 

CONTACT/WORK WITH ME

ASHLEA KERR

Blogger, Creative + Business Owner

Gold Coast, Australia

Interested in working with me? Sounds fantastic, I love working with brands and creating fabulous content for my readers.

glamourcoastalliving@gmail.com

On Glamour Coastal Living

Related Posts with Thumbnails